*This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn commissions.*
The Audio-Technica ATH-ANC1 QuietPoint Active Noise Cancelling Headphones are an on-ear mid-range type of NC Headphone. These headphones are specifically designed to reduce the amount of interference that you receive from the listening environment when listening to music, podcasts etc.
The ATH-ANC1 headphones are designed to eliminate up to 85% of ambient noise and in practice they achieve this easily. These headphones sit on your ears and so do not get as hot as other types of noise-canceling headphones that completely cover your ears.
They work due to small microphones found within the noise reduction module that is located outside the headphones. These microphones detect external sounds and then apply an opposite sound to cancel out the interfering sound. By locating the noise reduction circuitry outside of the headphone ear cup, Audio Technica have been able to keep the headphones lighter in weight, and therefore more comfortable to wear over extended periods.
This model is compatible with the Apple® iPod®, iPhone™, iPod touch®, portable MP3 players and in-flight entertainment systems. They can also be used in conjunction with your home stereo system.
Features of the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC1
- Can remove up to 85% of background noise
- Superb Quietpoint® active noise reduction
- The ANC circuitry is contained in an external in-line module
- Headphones are extremely lightweight to reduce wearer fatigue
- Super soft ear pads increase comfort
- Fold up for easy transportation
- Superb natural sound
- Headphones continue to work in non-noise cancelling mode even if battery runs out
- Come complete with protective travel case, 1.6-foot extension lead, an airline adapter and an AAA battery
Technical Specifications of the Audio-Technica ATH-ANC1
- Headphone type: Active noise-cancelling
- Driver Size: 36 mm
- Design: On the ear type of headphone
- Noise Reduction Type: QuietPoint® active noise reduction 18dB Max
- Maximum Input Power: 500 mW
- 1.2 m (3.9′) with 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-plug
- Battery type: 1 x AAA (alkaline)
- Battery Life: Approx 40 Hrs
- Frequency response: 10 – 20,000Hz
- Sensitivity (db): 105dB/mW In active mode
- Impedance 130 Ohms
- Weight: 3.5 oz without battery
- Great Sound Quality at a mid-range price
- Lightweight for extra comfortable, extended listening
- Headphones continue to work even after battery runs out
- Protective carrying case
- Fold flat for easy storage and transport
- Can be used on most airlines with the supplied adapter
- Lifetime warranty
- On/Off switch is a bit flimsy but as they are stored inside the protective carry case this wont be a problem.
What else is in the Box?
- Audio-Technica ATH-ANC1 QuietPoint noise canceling headphones
- Protective Carry Case
- AAA Battery
- 0.5mm extension cable with gold plated Stereo Min-Plug and Jack
- Airline Adapter
Overall, sound is natural and full, without the juiced-up quality that some headphones substitute for real fidelity and which can quickly produce “ear-fatigue.” Sound separation is excellent; bottom end sound is full and remarkably clean and sharp…
Noise cancelling is very cool and works like a charm. We recommend them and the price is good too!