*This post may contain affiliate links for which I earn commissions.*
JVC HA-NC250 Noise Canceling Headphones are an Active Noise Canceling (ANC) type of headphone that are designed to rest on the outside of the ear. These are termed supra-aural.
These headphones are one of the best models that can be found in the JVC noise cancelling headphone range. They are designed to reduce noise in the environment originating from sources such as aircraft engines, train travel, traffic hum and dorm life.This model is very comfortable to wear for prolonged periods due to the unique ultra-soft memory foam ear pads which mold to fit your ears snugly and serve to reduce ambient noise.
This model is very comfortable to wear for prolonged periods due to the unique ultra-soft memory foam ear pads which mold to fit your ears snugly and serve to reduce ambient noise.
They are particularly suited to long periods of listening due to their extreme light weight. As they do not completely enclose the ear, they tend to get less warm and sweaty in use than some other makes.
The battery life quoted is a good at 50 hours, but a number of users have reported achieving only half this. These headphones can also be used without batteries, in passive mode, and still sound great. A good quality hard shell carry case is also provided to protect your investment.
Click This Link to Check the Price at Amazon Today!!
The quality of sound achieved by these HANC250 headphones is excellent for the price and compares well to models that are for sale at two or even three times the price. I fully recommend these headphones for listening to portable music players.
However, if you intend using the headphones for listening to home stereo systems then be aware that the lead supplied is extremely short, and renders the headphones unsuitable for this purpose. You can buy an extension lead for headphones very cheaply to overcome this problem if you so wish so its not a deal breaker.
Features of the JVC HA-NC250
- Noise canceling at up to 85%
- Excellent sound isolation because memory foam ear pads take the shape of the listeners ear
- Lightweight at 5.3 oz – one of the lightest NC headphones available
- Audiophile sound quality achieved using Neodymium magnets
JVC HA-NC250 Technical Specifications
- Headphone type: Closed, dynamic on the ear
- Design: Premium over the head noise canceling
- Magnet: Neodymium
- Plug: iPhone compatible
- Cord length: 4 ft
- Weight (approx): 5.5oz
- Battery type: DC 1.5V R03/AAA
- Battery life: Approx 50 Hours (See Cons below)
- Driver unit: 40mm diameter
- Frequency response: 8 – 24000Hz
- Impedance: 40 Ohms (when on) 96 Ohms (when off)
- Sensitivity (db): 102dB/mW (when on) 100dB/mW (when off)
- Less hiss when noise canceling is used than other models at this price point
- Over the ear design with very soft and smooth earpads make for prolonged comfortable listening
- Excellent isolation from ambient sounds even without music playing.
- Hard shell carry case offers good protection
- Robust build quality, there are very few users reporting breakage of the headband in use as with some other manufacturers models
- Battery placement under the right ear piece can make replacement fiddly
- Cord is shorter than other manufacturer models at this price making it difficult to use the headphones with home stereo systems
- Relatively short battery life of 20-30 hours reported by several users compared to other comparable models
What else is in the Box?
- JVC HA-NC250 Noise Canceling Headphones
- Hard shell Carrying case
- Detachable 3.94-ft. connection cord
- Airline dual plug adapter
- 1/8″ to 1/4″ adapter
- Battery AAA alkaline
If you are thinking about purchasing the JVC HA-NC250 online, we recommend looking into the buying options available at Amazon.