The Bose QuietComfort 15 is without doubt one of the best models of noise cancelling headset on the market at this time. These headphones can be used with or without audio and do an incredible job of isolating the user from sounds in the environment.
Overall Rating: (3.6 / 5)
The noise canceling circuitry in the Bose QuietComfort 15 is turned on via the switch on the right ear cup and needs to be in the ‘on’ position to be able to hear any audio.
The headphones are a circumaural design that fully enclose the ear of the listener. The ear cups are lightweight and made of a super soft material and have tiny vents which help to stop them getting overly warm during use.
The headphones run off a standard AAA Battery and battery life is approximately 35 hours. The QuietComfort 15’s will not work at all without batteries.
When not in use the headphones fold flat, the audio cable can be detached and they can be safely stored in the protective carrying case that is supplied. There is also sufficient room inside the carry case to store small associated items such as a small ipod etc.
Bose QuietComfort 15 Closed Case
Bose QuietComfort 15 Open Case
Bose QC15 Features
- Noise canceling microphones on both the inside and outside of the over the ear ear cups make these a superb model of active noise reduction headset offering superb noise canceling performance
- Active equalization tailors the headphone response in real time to give best audio performance for the listener
- TriPort® Headphone Structure has small vents in the ear cups that work to improve and enhance the Bass performance of the headphones
- Soft lightweight ear cups provide a good seal, completely covering the listener’s ears
- Control over headphone functions provided by supplied Inline 3 button remote
- Supplied with a cable specially made to interface with selected Apple® products including iPhone® 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch® 2nd/3rd/4th gen, iPod classic® 2009 (120GB and 160GB), iPod nano® 4th/5th/6th gen, iPad®, iPad 2, MacBook® unibody and Pro and iPod shuffle® 3rd gen
- Ear cups fold flat to allow the headphones to be stored in a smaller space within the supplied carry case
Headphone Type: Circumaural, over the ear design
Battery Type: DC 1.5V R03/AAA
Battery Life: approximately 35 hours
Cord Length: 66 Inches
- Excellent noise canceling circuitry
- Work with most iPOD Cables – see above
- Great Build Quality
- Super soft ear cups
- Sound quality and noise canceling is ‘best in class’
- Uses a standard AAA battery
- Once the battery runs out the headphones don’t work at all! Most other models of headphones can be used in non-noise canceling mode after the power goes off but these headphones cannot
- Some reviewers stated that the headphones could be lacking in bass
- Very Expensive when compared to other makes although the noise canceling offered is without doubt the very best that money can buy
What else is in the box with the headphones?
- Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones
- AAA/R03 Battery DC 1.5V
- Airline adapter
- Inline remote and microphone cable (detachable)
- Standard audio cable (detachable)
- Carrying case (with space for IPOD)
These Bose noise cancelling headphones are without doubt one of the very best models of ANC headphones that money can buy at this time. They are also very well made and offer a great feature set albeit at a price.
The Bose QuietComfort 15 receives a well deserved recommendation.