The Sony MDR-NC60 Noise Canceling Headphones are designed to reduce the impact of noise in the environment when you are listening to your favorite music. Due to the noise canceling technology present in this headphone design, you can listen to music at a lower volume setting without the intrusion of sound from the environment.
Overall Rating: (4 / 5)
These headphones are a black over the ear type with comfortable ear-cups which completely envelop your ears.
They are very lightweight and can be used for prolonged periods without discomfort.
A switch is provided that permits the user to silence the headphone audio and listen to what someone is saying, such as an air hostess, your fellow passengers or ticket collector on the train etc.
These Sony MDR-NC60 headphones are available on Amazon today at over 40% off the list price.
The quality of the sound obtained from these headphones is excellent and they are great value for money at this price point comparing very favorably with other similar makes. Sony are an excellent manufacturer of electronic products and have an enviable reputation in the marketplace for service and reliability, because of this I have no hesitation in recommending this particular headset.
- Provide noise reduction of ambient noise of 93.7% when noise canceling is turned on
- Can be used with or without the Noise Canceling circuits engaged
- An adapter is supplied that allows you to connect via stereo or dual jack directly to in-flight music services on most airlines
- Folds down small and can be carried safely in the carry case provided
- The headphones will continue to operate as normal headphones even if the battery runs out of power
- Headphone Type : Closed, dynamic
- Design : Premium over the head, Noise Canceling
- Headband : Adjustable, Foldable (Swivel)
- Magnet : Neodymium
- Plug : stereo mini plug
- Cord Length (Approx.) : 1.5m
- Weight (Approx.) : 230g/8.11oz (including AAA battery)
- Battery Type : DC1.5V, 1 size AAA battery
- Battery Life (Approx) : 30H (with alkaline battery)15H (with manganese battery)
- Driver Unit : 40mm diameter, dome type
- Frequency Range : 40 – 1,500Hz
- Frequency Response : 14 – 22,000Hz
- Impedance : 40 Ohms at 1kHz (on); 100 Ohms at 1kHz (off)
- Noise Level : ON/OFF switch on housing
- Sensitivity (db) : 102dB/mW (on); 100dB/mW (off)
- Excellent noise canceling circuitry
- Can mute headphone audio using button provided
- Headphones continue to operate as normal headphones without batteries
- Takes a standard AAA battery with 30 hours battery life
- Solid build
- Great bass and tight treble
- Soft carry case – a hard one would offer more protection..
What else is in the Box?
- AAA Battery (Manganese)
- Carrying Case
- In flight plug adapter
- Unimatch plug adapter
- Connecting cord
- Warranty card
Here’s what one satisfied owner had to say
I got the new Sony MDR-NC60 based on reviews from the 2007 Las Vegas Electronics show. Took them on a recent flight to Japan so I could compare then directly with the American Airlines supplied Bose QC3 headsets.
Noise Canceling: No perceptable difference between Bose and Sony
Noise Isolation: Sony the clear winner over the “On ear” Bose QC3
Sound Quality: No clear winner here, the Bose might have a slight edge at lower listening levels. When you crack it up the Sony sounds better to me. The only issue I had with the Sony is the bass response was a little buzzy if I used the bass boost EQ feature of my IPod. (P.Mikolaitis)
Sony are an excellent manufacturer of great quality electronics products and have an enviable reputation in the marketplace for service and reliability. Because of this, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Sony MDR-NC60 headset.